Garland offers competitive pay and excellent benefits and sets the industry standard for corporate culture. Positions below are listed for both our Richardson, Texas and Buffalo, New York locations.
For immediate consideration for open positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Solutions Engineering
Department: Solutions Engineering
Date: September 19, 2019
Location: Buffalo Office
The Solution Support Engineering Manager position is responsible for handling various aspects of
network configuration, system integration, and post-sales technical support.
● Provide technical support for customers in a helpdesk environment
● Provide recommendations to enhance internal network performance, reliability, and support capabilities
● Coordinate, monitor, and contribute/participate in technical IT infrastructure projects from initiation through delivery
● Monitor network and systems, responding appropriately to network alerts to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues
● Create and maintain network documentation
● Maintain demo environment for Buffalo office
● Provide ongoing assessment of new products and software versions for defects or unexpected behavior
● Coordinate with tech partners to install and configure partner product(s) in Garland’s demo environment
● Test and validate current products in conjunction with remote product engineering team
● Assist with on-boarding Garland’s tech partners and channel partners
● Collaborate with marketing on training materials
● Complete presentations for customer visits, technical forums, events and workshops
● Contributing author of technical and industry related topics for blogs, social media, technical forums and white papers
● Complete internal technical trainings for inside and outside sales teams
● Provide pre-sales technical support as needed
● A proactive mindset with the ability to recognize problems early
● Excellent verbal and written skills to facilitate efficient and effective communication both internally as well as externally with customers and partners
● Results oriented attitude
● Ability to manage multiple projects with sense of urgency
● Strong attention to detail
● Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
● Ability to collaborate effectively by giving and receiving feedback – willingness to seek help and feedback for performance improvement and to provide positive and constructive feedback to assist others
● Team player with ability to work under pressure
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems, informatics or other technology related field.
● 5+ years experience in computer networking and system administration, including Windows and Linux operating systems
● Thorough understanding of L2-4 networking data standards and popular L7 protocols
● Experience with multiple network connectivity standards, including copper and fiber
● Familiarity with Network Packet Broker solutions
● Ability to create packet captures and review with common analytical tools such as Wireshark
● Understanding of commonly used network security, monitoring, and performance tools
● Experience in Network Design and Network Infrastructure Design
● Cisco certifications preferred
For immediate consideration for our Solution Support Engineer Manager role, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.