Digital Transformation is unlocking new levels of agility and cross-functional connectivity across billions of devices. Although the unprecedented growth in the industrial Internet of things (IIoT) is increasing productivity and maximizing revenue, billions of devices go unmanaged leaving gaps and increase the risk for cyber attacks on control systems. This is especially relevant within legacy systems, where security was not the primary design focus.
CyberX and Garland Technology provide a multi-layered strategy to address complex challenges across Internet connection sharing (ICS) vulnerabilities. By providing 100% network visibility and access to process and leverage data, IT and operational technology (OT) teams can drive better decisions for scalable production and increased efficiency to unify security monitoring and governance across your enterprise.
How It Works
- The localized data coming off regional switches each require Garland Technology Network TAPs to copy packet data without affecting network traffic.
- The Garland Technology TAPs provide 100% network visibility, allowing multiple links to feed through Garland Technology’s PacketMAXTM, to aggregate, load balance and filter the data.
- The CyberX platform delivers continuous monitoring, vulnerability management, and operational awareness with zero impact to command and control networks.
Deployment of the Garland Technology TAP ensures 100% of the ICS traffic is delivered to the CyberX platform to protect complex logistical enterprises by detecting cyber threats in specific localized vulnerabilities. The solution eliminates dropped packets from oversubscribed and low prioritization SPAN ports, ensuring optimal CyberX platform performance and operation for ICS network security. CyberX agentless, non-invasive technology integrates seamlessly with your existing security stack and is easily deployed as either a virtual or physical appliance.
Benefits for IT and OT Teams
- Full visibility and easy access across hybrid environments.
- Improve collaboration and break down silos across teams with deep visibility across all network and application layers and infrastructures.
- Reduce network downtime, improve reliability, reduce costs, and gain better device utilization.
- Leverages a deep understanding of industrial protocols (DNP3, ICCP, IEC104, IEC61850, OPC, etc.)
- Leverages Department of Defense protocols including NERC, FERC. ISO27001-2, CMMC (Cyber Maturity)
- Incorporates ICS-aware behavioral analytics and threat intelligence — for faster anomaly detection with fewer false positives.
- Connecting OT and IT networks to detect and advertise OT attacks.
- Deployment in hybrid on-premise and virtual public or private cloud environments.
- Increase detection and response to ICS/SCADA risks like industrial malware, vulnerable and asset networks and operational malfunction.
- Uses agent-less, non-invasive technology with zero impact on your production network and is easily deployed as either a virtual or physical appliance.
Funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Qualcomm Ventures, and other leading venture firms, CyberX delivers the only cybersecurity platform built by blue-team experts with a track record of defending critical national infrastructure. That difference is the foundation for the most widely deployed platform for continuously reducing IoT risk and preventing costly outages, safety and environmental incidents, theft of intellectual property, and operational inefficiencies. For more information, visit CyberX.io or follow @CyberX_Labs.
Garland Technology and Bricata provide a continuous monitoring solution for industrial environments. Looking to add this solution, but not sure where to start? Join us for a brief network Design-IT Demo or consultation. No obligation - it’s what we love to do.