1U or 2U 1G Modular Network Packet Broker System
Port-to-Port Aggregator with Port Mapping Filtering
Network test access points (TAPs) are hardware tools that allow you to access and monitor your network. The modular packet broker chassis system features a flexible and scalable design to meet your network needs today and tomorrow.
Filtering network TAPs allow you to filter out the traffic that is not needed by the tool to perform its function. The port-to-port aggregation feature in the 1G Modular Chassis combines both filtering and aggregation functionality, ensuring the links are aggregated together and then filtering out the traffic that the monitoring appliances do not need. Filtering ensures that monitoring ports do not become oversubscribed with un-requested data.
Design your own 1G chassis with modular TAPs that support breakout, aggregation, filtering, regeneration/SPAN and bypass modes. This modular system allows you to fully deploy and manage your monitoring and security appliances and guarantee 100% network uptime let you see every bit, byte and packet.®
• Scalable Modular TAPs System:
-2U holds up to 12 TAPs - backplane filtering within TAP row
-1U holds up to 4 TAPs - backplane filtering between TAPs and port
• Management and Non-Management Options:
-Management Card: Ethernet with GUI - and - Serial with CLI controller
-Non-management chassis available; (management card can be added at later date)
• Port Mapping: filter allows granular selection of network traffic at layers 2, 3, and 4 of packet to provide monitoring tools only to the traffic they protect.
• Multi-Tier Filtering Supports: MAC, VLAN, IP, DSCP, TCP, UDP
• Build Your Own 1G Chassis: Flexible design - accommodates any 1G network scenerio
• Media Conversion: Fiber (SX, LX, ZX) to copper (TX) - or copper (TX) to fiber (SX, LX, ZX). Short range fiber (SX) to long range fiber (LX or ZX).
• Dual internal AC or DC power supplies
• TAP modules are hot swappable, fully configurable and interchangeable
• Accommodates GT legacy modular TAPs
• Network Failsafe recognizes power outages and automatically closes the relay circuitry in less than 8 milliseconds then reconnects the two network devices connected to Ports A & B.
• Supports jumbo frames and passes physical errors.
• Packet slicing and packet injection (aggregate mode for copper network port TAPs).
• 100% secure and invisible; no IP address, no MAC address; cannot be hacked.
• Made, tested and certified in USA.