How to Simplify Network Complexity and Improve Tool Efficiency
IT professionals have a difficult, ever evolving job. You must know what is happening on the network in real time. From understanding each network device, to tracking overall performance of network services, and maintaining visibility into network access, including:
• Ensuring availability and status information on all routers, switches, firewalls, and servers.
• Managing the amount of traffic coming in and out of the routers, identifying peak and maximum throughput, both on-prem and virtual, for optimal performance.
• Maintenance and upgrades - managing maximum throughput utilized, average memory and processor utilization, and disk space on key servers, all with an eye on future growth.
• Windows applications and servers, SNMP traps, event logs and more.
Accomplishing this requires deploying a suite of tools to monitor your network, such as NPM, APM, forensics, SIEMs, and DPIs with a combination of Packet Data, NetFlow, or Metadata network analysis methods. It gets complicated and challenging fast.
As networks become more complex, NetOps and SecOps teams are facing pressure to find common ground on working together to access different parts of the network for performance monitoring, troubleshooting, threat hunting, incident response and ensuring network security.
That common ground is network visibility. Garland Technology is here to help you incorporate a modern network visibility fabric that can provide IT teams enhanced productivity, eliminate blind spots, reduce network complexity, enable infrastructure upgrades, improve effectiveness of tool performance, reduce downtime and improved IT collaboration. Together, let's ensure complete 360° visibility across your on-prem, private, public and hybrid environments with:
• Innovative network TAPs designed to optimize your deployment, with ease of use and advanced features and options, not seen in the industry.
• Aggregate and groom network traffic with purpose-built packet brokers, scalable to deploy what you need, when you need it.
• Regain cloud visibility with 1:N traffic mirroring and TLS 1.3 Decryption
Garland Technology’s TAP to ToolTM philosophy empowers your solution by architecting to the tools, not competing with them. To learn more on how to simplify network complexity and improve tool efficiency, please take a look at the use cases, case studies and resources below. Garland's engineer team is available for a Design-IT Demo or consultation to help implement these solutions into your environment.
Network Monitoring Best Practices
Ready to solve an issue? Let's explore network monitoring use cases:
Creating a foundation of visibility is key for network management. Once deployed, network TAPs allow you to access that point in your network at any time. Many organizations have adopted the stance of tapping all critical links for easy access during troubleshooting or inevitable security breaches.
Network Monitoring Resources
This whitepaper by EMA (Enterprise Management Associates) explores best practices on how enterprises use network visibility technologies for both inline and out-of-band security use cases to support security solutions.
From monitoring basics to industry best practices, infrastructure concerns and scaling network speeds, Garland's goal is to share our knowledge to help build the better networks of tomorrow.
Additional White papers
TAP into Technology
Leading the way in Network Technology
Cybercrime on local and state governments is continuing to rise, as cybercriminals understand the government possesses lots of data and information..
With the launch of Garland Technology’s new FieldTAP, one of the perks I can boast about is getting to test and use new technology. Especially..