Expecting a PDF?
We created this solution brief as a web page for better mobile optimization and accessibility. If you'd still like a PDF version of this use case, you can download it here:
Centralized control of traffic flows is critical for monitoring at high speeds, from 1G to 400G networks. Before implementing software-defined networks (SDN), network architects must ensure that they have a solid visibility plane that ensures 100% of packets will be seen by the SDN controller.
To achieve complete transparency with application monitoring tools, network architects must provide a complete foundation of visibility while also accounting for functions such as network analyzers, computer forensic analysis & data capture, data leak prevention (DLP), intrusion detection, content filtering, lawful intercept, and data recording. Garland Technology partnered with DellEMC to provide the visibility required in a virtual network such as SDN.
How it works
- Garland’s network TAPs are used to passively copy production traffic over to the Dell Technology Open Network switch in the monitor network.
- The Dell Technology control planes are managed by a third party open network controller.
- As tapped monitor traffic is sent to the Dell switch, the switch can send information about the network to the Arista monitoring open network support system (formally Big Switch).
- The Dell open network controller can then direct the Dell switches on how to distribute the traffic to multiple monitoring tools.
IT Operations and Sec Ops Team Benefits
- Complete network visibility and connectivity by passing all live wire data
- Ensure no packet loss with 100% failsafe packet capture with tested and validated heartbeat technology
- Selectively deliver traffic to multiple security, monitoring, performance measurement, and compliance tools - both inline and out-of-band.
- Industry’s first OM5 media type for extended long-range and short-range data center applications and their environments.
- Highest density in the Industry, more rack space, fewer power connections
- Enable pervasive security and monitoring for inline and out-of-band - global visibility with dynamic mitigation
- Monitoring every link in the network, remote DCs/POPs/site racks and location
- 4G / LTE Traffic Visibility by monitoring tunneled control and data traffic
- Cost-effective and easy to deploy
- Provide a clear path to software-defined networking (SDN).
- Dependable, award-winning Z-Series and S-Series switch hardware
- Transform and accelerate data-center innovation with simplified, high-capacity network fabrics
By packaging Dell Open Networking switches into the Arista monitoring open network support system (formally Big Switch), customers now have access to the advanced feature sets enabled by SDN software with 100% visibility of the Garland Technology TAP. The solution garners industry-leading price points, all with the reassurance of Dell’s global support and services, as well as Garland’s failsafe stress-tested technology. This partnership delivers modern networking fabrics for data centers looking to achieve high degrees of network automation at cloud-competitive price points.
About Dell EMC
Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live, and play. The company provides customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era.
Garland Technology and Dell EMC provide complete visibility for Software Defined Network (SDN) deployments. Looking to add this solution, but not sure where to start? Join us for a brief network Design-IT Demo or consultation. No obligation - it’s what we love to do.
I’ve previously provided an introduction to Cisco ACI in terms of facilitating a next-generation data center by taking advanced of software defined..
Cisco ACI is a game changing approach to managing networks across major disruptions including virtualization, multiple active data centers, hybrid..