Challenge: How can I simplify network complexity?
Expanding industrial networks deploy various tools, multiple systems and devices, with legacy infrastructure, often find themselves inundated in network complexity. Many companies running a majority of their traffic off of SPAN ports often see a tangled web to manage, leading to SPAN port contention that can result in:
• Slower processing speed
• Loss of data and oversubscription
• Slower MTTR and threat hunting
• IT and Security team data silos
One main goal of traffic aggregation, is to take the multiple network TAP and SPAN links and aggregate that traffic to a central security sensor.
A network visibility fabric of network TAPs and traffic aggregators can simplify network complexity and provide OT teams enhanced productivity, accelerate resolution of service degradation or downtime and improved IT collaboration, by providing:
- Reduce ports needed on security tools
- Reduce network blindspots by feeding more visibility links into your security tool
- Better data for improved tool performance and added value.
- Easily manage access points in the network to instrument and deploy new monitoring and security tools.
- Aggregated and optimized traffic before it gets to the tools.
- Streamlined data collection for analysis during troubleshooting or security incident response.
- OT and security operations access to the data they need, at the right time.