TAP -> TOOL
- How It Works
- Full PDF Solution Brief
How It Works
1. Portable network TAPs from Garland Technology connect to the IT network by installing between two network devices.
2. The Medigate Device Security Platform (MDSP) connects to the network TAPs.
3. Network TAPs copy full-duplex traffic and send the copies to the MDSP, which is out-of-band.
4. The MDSP receives copies of the hospital’s network traffic from the network TAPs.
5. Using passive, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) techniques, the MDSP profiles all devices connected to the network and provides security insights about their risks and relationships.