Challenge: How can I mitigate critical infrastructure risk on legacy connections ?
Most security solutions are not supported by our legacy 1Gbps OM1 fiber connections. A cyberattack in the energy sector is possibly the most devastating scenario of all industrial cyber threats. We need to deploy and manage a security platform, utilizing 1Gbps copper links to enable faster detection and response to ICS/SCADA risk.
Media Conversion with Network TAPs
Not only do network TAPs bridge the gap between various media types, solving connectivity issues without having to upgrade existing infrastructure. But network TAPs provide one thing other media converters do not: complete packet data, ensuring security platforms perform at peak performance without dropping packets.
- Media conversion from SX and LX fiber to RJ45 copper or SFP
- Media conversion from 100Base-FX and 100BASE-LX to RJ45 copper
Unlike common media converters:
- 100% packet visibility
- Reduces critical infrastructure risk with zero impact to
- Failsafe technology recognizes power outages and automatically
reconnects the link
- Collect traffic from two sources and aggregate it to a single link
- Additional monitoring ports for future expansion